Sunday, March 29, 2009

Virginia may be for lovers, but Paris is for kissers

I organized a kissing "crawl" for us yesterday. I'll wait while you put your finger in your mouth in a gagging motion.....

Done?

OK, well I had a great collection of guidebooks from all over the world when the levee broke. My first "guide" book that started the collection from scratch again was from my friend Denise called, "The Best Places to Kiss in Paris." I vowed to use it. So, I narrowed it down to 16 places, (there were more than 100!) organized them by time of day and location, and off we went. What a great day! We started in the 18th at the "I love you" wall at 8:30AM; went to the 17th to the Square des Batignolles (we had never been - wow! a Paradise in Paris - pics later); then we went to the 2nd to a grand movie theatre called the Rex (we couldn't get in without a ticket so we kissed in the lobby); then to the Pont Marie; then to the Carnavelet Museum - a new one for us - great museum; then to the Quai de la Tournelle; breather for lunch, and back to the Metro Abbesses. We only hit 7!!

Tom says his favorite place was the Pont Marie. Mine was behind the Louis XIV statue at the Carnavelet. Oh yeah, the book also tells you whether you should be discreet at a certain location or just go with it - I mean, this is Paris....

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the pictures, but I will try to post more soon. We're busy!

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear a gift being put to good use! Hope you have time to investigate a few more spots on your list. Is it possible that you guys are just kissing too long? Heeheehee
    Let's see pictures of you cooking that veal dinner. mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete