Lah tee dah - how wonderful to wake up in Paris with no agenda!
Yesterday, we started our day by wandering around our neighborhood. I am loving Montmartre as a base. We walked through the Place du Tertre (not my favorite spot in Paris) which was amazingly uncrowded. I saw an artist hounding a couple - literally following them - to haggle a price for their portrait. Not sure if they succumbed...
Then we wandered into a lovely, sedate-for-Paris church named St. John the Evangelist. We both lit candles for our fathers there. My father will be gone for 10 years this year; Tom's Dad is the hospital with pneumonia. He's getting better, but we are keeping in close touch.
Now what? Let's go to the Orangerie! I hadn't been in about 20 years, and Les Nympheas still took my breath away. We spent nearly 3 hours here - in addition to Monet, there's a wonderful collection of Impressionists.
http://www.musee-orangerie.fr/
Then it was off to find lunch - more like a snack - since it was past 3:00. We found a little sandwich stop off the Boulevard St. Germain - wonderful bread - and sat for awhile, rested our feet, and people-watched. That is one of my favorite activities in Paris.
Time to shop for dinner. What fun! Let's see, we bought vegetables from the produce guy, cheese and butter from the fromagerie, a baguette from the baker, and some lovely veal chops from the butcher. I didn't see herbs at any of the above, so we did have to go to the supermarket. Ah well..
Anyway, I love the kitchen here, I love the stove, I love the pots - we had a great meal last night. After dinner, we went cafe-hopping for a couple drinks - and more people-watching.
Pictures later....
Links
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment