Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Images from our First Day

Our first picture - gotta love it. An accordian player on the RER. He was playing some classic French song - nice thing to hear while jetlagged. I actually recorded him, but somehow I don't think I could get my Aspire One to talk to a cassette! Yes, I gave him a tip.

One of these "nothing" churches one comes across in Paris. This is Notre Dame de Lorette - never saw it before. Quite an amazing structure.













One more, then I need to crash - it's past 8:00!

These are the stairs leading up to Montmartre. I'm standing outside our building. Cool.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds grand already! This afternoon I caught a BBC news video of the protests in Paree, lots of (I'm sure really stinky)tires being burned surrounded by an angry crowd. Mon Dieu! I did scan the scene to see if either you or Tom were there, but you were probably unpacking...or not angry because you are, hallelujiah,on VACATION!! First question--did you already read up on where to get the best croissants in your neighborhood, or is that research you are going to do yourselves??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dahling, not only do I have the boulanger already pre-researched, we even have a butcher lined up! I am really looking forward to cooking tonight...

    ReplyDelete